Terms & Conditions
- In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires: "We" or "Company" or "Gold2pounds" means [Star Refining (London) Limited] "You" or "Customer" means the person entering into an agreement with us for the sale of precious metals These terms and conditions together with those described on the Company's website shall be binding on the customer of Gold2pounds and shall insure in the benefit of Gold2pounds and Gold2pounds's successors and assigns. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. No failure of Gold2pounds to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions will not be deemed as a waiver of such right or provision. If you would like a copy of the information on our website, please call our customer service department on 0800 321 3003.
- All property sent to Gold2pounds by you other than by Royal Mail must be by a carrier that employs a system whereby your shipment can be traced. All items shipped to us are at your risk but are insured up to £500 at Gold2Pounds cost. If you believe your gold jewellery or other property is worth more than £500 we recommend that you insure your shipment for more at your own expense using any carrier you choose. We also strongly advise that you list the contents on the Shipping Note Mandate which you must return to us.
- Gold2pounds reserves the right to reject delivery of any package which appears to be damaged, opened, or tampered with. Any such item will be returned to you via Royal Mail without any liability to Gold2pounds.
- On receipt of your package, Gold2pounds's liability will be limited to the lesser of the following: A) 33% of the certified appraised value of your items that has been appraised within the past 30 days. Gold2pounds reserves the right to verify the appraisal certificate/document with a third party. B) 33% of the wholesale value of your items. c) The sum of one hundred Euros (Ä100) or seventy five pounds (£75)
- In no event or circumstance will Gold2pounds be liable to any third parties or insurance carriers, nor will Gold2pounds be liable for any consequential or indirect loss. In no event shall Gold2pounds be liable for any damages from the loss or destruction of property in its possession for any reason, including negligence greater in value than set out in 3.
- You agree not to send to Gold2pounds any hazardous materials irrespective of how they are contained or presented especially those containing: Arsenic, Beryllium, Bismuth, Cadmium, Mercury, Nickel, Lead, Antimony, Selenium, Tin, Tellurium or any other toxic elements.
- You have read, understood and agreed to Gold2pounds purchasing policy Instant-Dealô and that if we are unsuccessful in contacting you for more than 1 month from the pack received date we reserve the right to process your property (and make payment) without further reference to you and that once processed, the property cannot be recovered. Furthermore once you have agreed with Gold2pounds valuation and asked for payment this is an irrevocable transaction binding both you and Gold2pounds.
- Gold2pounds does not purchase any material that does not contain precious metals. These items can be returned and Gold2Pounds reserves the right to return these items at your expense.
- Gold2pounds will pay you for the precious metal content and any precious stones deemed to be worth selling on. Gold2pounds will not be held responsible for loss or damaged gem stones contained in jewellery that is sent to us for valuation additionally by sending us your jewellery you accept that the process of determining a value involves placing certain acids on the gold, silver or platinum and this can leave permanent staining and/or scratches.
- Once your items have been received at our refinery they will be assayed with acids to determine a valuation based on that day's precious metal markets. We will try and make contact with you the same day by the preferred method of communication you indicated on your Shipping Note Mandate. Once you have accepted the valuation a cheque or money transfer will be sent out to you within 24 hours of your acceptance.
- If you decide not to accept our valuation your goods will be returned to you at Gold2pounds cost within five working days (5 days) from when you declined our offer to purchase. Gold2pounds will insure the item for no more than the amount offered by Gold2pounds up to a maximum of £500 regardless of what it was insured for when mailed by the customer to Gold2pounds. Unless Gold2pounds is otherwise notified by the customer in written form (email or fax) prior to the return of the shipment and the customer agrees to pay for any extra insurance Gold2pounds shall, in its sole discretion, choose the return carrier, insurance and receipt verification method for each transaction.
- Gold2pounds refinery and administration hours of business are Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. We are not open on Saturday, Sundays or UK Bank Holidays. If your material arrives or your acceptance falls within the last two hours of any working day your contact call or payment will be made/processed on the next business day following the weekend or Bank Holiday.
- You warrant to Gold2pounds that you have: a) Good and marketable title to the property you send in; and b) Full authority to sell and transfer said property; and that c) Said property is sold free of all liens, encumbrances, liabilities, and adverse claims of every nature and description whatsoever; and that d) Said property is not from, or the result of, illegal activity in this country or any other country; and that e) You are at least Eighteen (18) years of age; and that f) Any transaction initiated by you will not cause Gold2pounds to be in violation of any anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, or other applicable law of the UK, or any country; and that g) You are the actual legal owner of any and all property offered to be sold to Gold2pounds (Gold2pounds may, but shall not be required to, ask you to provide documentation or other proof of such ownership) and you are acting on your own behalf.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Gold2pounds against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs and legal fees (paid in advance) caused by, arising out of, or resulting from any breach or claimed breach of these terms and conditions, including claims brought by third parties.
- Gold2pounds reserve the right to change these terms and conditions and advise you to revisit our website, Gold2pounds.com, periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current terms and conditions. Additionally, we will prominently note on our website that our terms and conditions have been changed and provided you did not elect to no longer receive correspondence from us, you will be notified via e-mail that such changes have been made.
- Gold2pounds shall not be responsible for the contents of the gold chart data appearing on its website. These charts are prepared by third parties other than Gold2pounds, and Gold2pounds includes such charts only for general information to its customers, and Gold2pounds shall not be liable to anyone who relies on the information contained therein.
- Prize Draw terms and conditions: Each winner will be selected from gold selling packs purchased by Gold2Pounds, each winner will be every thousanth customer starting from 1st June 2011. The £1000 prize in cash will be sent via Royal Mail special delivery to a UK mainland address. The prize is nontransferable and cannot be exchanged, there is no purchase necessary to enter this prize draw.
Please call us on 0800 321 3003 if you have any questions.
Sell Gold Jewellery
Get Cash Now!
Order a G2P Pack AND be entered in our Prize Draw-a chance to WIN £1000see details
Fill out this form to receive everything you need to turn your jewellery into CASH!
Free Valuation of your gold, silver or platinum jewellery. Simply fill out the form above and we'll send your everything you need to find out what it's worth.
Deal direct wit the refiner. No Middleman!
Cruciform (Standard) © and Trade Marks of Royal Mail Group Ltd Reproduced by kind permission of Royal Mail Group Ltd All rights reserved
"A very efficient service. Found it convenient to sell some old gold inlays ..." Read More
"What better way of dealing with "bits and pieces" and painful memories associated with jewellery you don’t wear anymore ..." Read More
"I thought you were great and very fast even when I texted you, you answered quickly ..." Read More
"I found Gold2Pounds to be very professional. They were very swift and their approach was extremely professional ..." Read More
"Just to thank you very much for your quick and efficient service..." Read More
"Brilliant - really quick and polite - I was not expecting the cheque to arrive so soon. Thanks." Read More
"Service excellent, swift and curtious. Thank you." Read More